Art at the Airport

Have you been through SeaTac Airport lately? I always enjoy the glass and other visual arts there (especially the blown glass installation made to look like bones from an archeologist's dig), but the latest addition is my favorite: live, acoustic music in the terminals. The constant noise of gate announcements, TVs blaring, cell phones ringing, babies crying, and the usual din of conversations wear me out, so it seems odd that another sound source added to the mix would have the opposite effect. Whatever the reason, hearing a live guitar and melodic voice while I wait for my flight completely transforms the experience. If you need to fly in or out of SeaTac in the near future, look for the live performers who might be found near the gate or in the food court area. Oh, and drop them a tip of appreciation. Artists need our support ... but that's another topic entirely.



Comments

Popular Posts